Your life. Your dreams. Your potential. Our journey together.
HSI provides custom residential services for the elderly and individuals with mental illness and physical and developmental disabilities.
Since 1985, Habilitative Services, Inc. has played a critical role in enhancing and enriching the lives of the elderly and individuals with mental illness and physical and developmental disabilities. Our passion is deeply rooted in providing quality, outcome based services to not only improve quality of life, but to support and further the contributions of those individuals. By lending our ears to those closest to the people we serve, we are able to fully understand what needs are critical in fostering their best interests.
In order to successfully accomplish our mission of enhancing and enriching lives, we focus on the following key methods:
- Develop, maintain or restore skills
- Modify the environment
- Use adaptive technology
- Encourage self-determination
Being a “Person-Centered” organization means each and every decision we make is based upon the individuals we support – our thinking, planning and delivery of our services focuses on the needs and desires of each individual.
Each individual we serve is guided through a future-driven planning process that helps to identify their goals so we can better identify the supports they need to accomplish them.
We strive to:
- Not only identify, but develop the gifts of each person, so that each individual learns new things and self growth continues
- Create a plan that expresses these gifts, so that each individual has positive control over the life they desire and find satisfying
- Build a support group around the individual, so that each individual is rich in meaningful relationships
- Build a community network of acceptance, so that each individual is recognized and valued for their contributions
- Change services to be more responsive to the interests of individuals, so that life is good
Habilitative Services, Inc. also utilizes Person Centered Tools to help assist in the planning and support of each individual.
- Person Centered Thinking Skills – is a set of skills that reflect and reinforce values that propel the learning cycle, help us support rather than fix, build the culture of learning, partnership and accountability, work for humans, work at every level in the organization and affirm our belief that everyone can learn.
- Person Centered Planning Tools – are a set of tools that can be utilized to help people move forward and toward a life that makes sense to them.
- Person Centered Management Tools – are specific skills that help us identify what is important to and important for the individual, allowing us to gain a deeper understanding of the person and offer supports and services that “make sense.” These tools include The Donut Sort, 4+1 Questions, The Learning Log, Relationship Mapping, Rituals & Routines, Good Day/Bad Day, Two Minute Drill, Communication Log, Positive Reputation and Matching. For more information on these tools please contact us.
- Developing the Person Centered Description – our trained staff can facilitate the use of these person centered management tools to help individuals plan a good, balanced life that makes sense. For information on person centered planning tools please contact Brenda Behrends at email@example.com or 507.662.5236.